What is Mastering, and why us?
Mastering is the process of preparing your audio content for duplication or digital downloading. It is often overlooked and misunderstood. Some people think it's a secretive process shrouded in mystery and voodoo. It is simply the last stage, the icing on the cake and the final word on how your project will sound. Proper mastering will give your content a cohesive feel and “gloss” that is a signature of higher quality commercial releases. It can also provide you with a competitive edge needed in today's music marketplace.
Some mastering engineers believe that it is the single most important step of the recording process. We don't necessarily share that opinion, but we do feel that proper mastering is just as important as quality recording and mixing. If you put any value into the importance of recording your project, you should do the same with mastering. We're not going to try and sell you on our mastering services. However, we have mastered hundreds of projects since 1993, and we feel our work speaks for itself.
Our facilities here at Wavelength are large and beautiful. We're located in Salem, OR, 40 miles south of Portland which is rapidly becoming a hotspot nationwide for its music scene. Our clients love the atmosphere and feel creative and relaxed in our environment.
With our ultra fast, high-speed, secure file upload system, it's not necessary to be present for your session. You can easily and instantly upload your files and expect to have your finished masters back to you within 72 hours or less. If you wish to be present at your session, we encourage that and always look forward to meeting you. As always, we are not happy until you are, that's why we offer an unconditional money back guarantee.
What's Included in our Mastering:
• Adjust volume from track to track to maintain consistency
• Apply EQ (equalization) to correct any frequency problems and add clarity
• Apply compression and limiting for optimal loudness and dynamic range
• Apply noise reduction if necessary
• Create smooth fade outs
• Edit beginnings and endings of tracks
• Set space between tracks or a create crossfades
• Number and ID tracks
• Insert CD text if applicable (track titles, ISRC codes, artist information)
• Burn a red-book standard CD audio master for duplication/replication
• Provide link for downloadable CD quality versions and HQ MP3 versions
• Unconditional money back guarantee if you are not satisfied
FREE MASTERING SAMPLE!
We'll master a sample of one of your songs for free. CLICK HERE.
Booking Your Session:
Call us today at 503.383.1555 to book your mastering session. Or, use the form below to book and complete your online mastering session.
Online Mastering Session
Listen Before and after examples (mp3 format)